What is CDL Training?
CDL training is the coursework that prepares students for the required Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) test. Through a mixture of hands-on and instructional coursework. At North West Trucking Academy, our course will teach students the essential skills to and begin a new high paying career.
Northwest Trucking Academy’s comprehensive Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Program gives students the necessary skills to begin driving a truck professionally. Our expert instructors provide both the hands-on training and the CDL knowledge needed to properly and safely operate a truck.
As Northwest Trucking Academy student, your training will include:
- Hands-on driving time, at our practice facility and on the road
- Map reading, trip planning and compliance with Department of Transportation laws
- One on one training with staff that cares about your success.
- Backing, turning and coupling/uncoupling a trailer
- Advanced truck driving skills like skid avoidance and recovery
- Prepare for emergency conditions like hydroplaning or collision avoidance.
- All of the skills and techniques you’ll need as a professional truck driver
Why Truck driving school?
- Comprehensive, hands-on training with expert instructors
- Top-notch practice equipment and facilities, including intimate classrooms and specially designed field-driving courses and tractor-trailers exclusively for student training
- 4-week classes that focus on CDL training and CDL license exam preparation
- Easy to find location in Tangent, OR. Easy to find and a short trip from Eugene, Albany, Salem, and Corvallis .
- Financial assistance for those who qualify
- Trucking companies may offer reimbursement for truck driver training programs. Many trucking companies will pre-hire students and reimburse their training costs as long as they are employed by that company.
- Refresher Courses
- Daily Rates available